Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Public Insight Journalist
Essay/Analysis: Sports Commentator
Host, Stateside with Cynthia Canty
Mid Michigan Reporter/Producer
That's What They Say
Sarah Cwiek - Detroit Reporter/Producer
Assistant News Director
Essay/Analysis: Political Commentator
Weekend Edition host
MPRN Capitol Reporter
Host - Middays
Reporter / Producer - Michigan Public Radio Network
Host - Morning Edition
West Michigan Reporter/Producer
Arts, Culture & Education Reporter/Producer
Host - All Things Considered
Reporter/Producer - The Environment Report
Thu August 21, 2014
Stateside for Thursday, August 21, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- State Democrats and Republicans will convene this weekend. What could be the highlights?
- Northland in Oakland County is one of the very first shopping centers in America. It also represents the changing fortune of malls.
- We talked with the Michigan country vet who's become an unlikely reality TV star. Dr. Jan Pol shared how he’s practicing veterinary medicine with a camera crew in tow.
- A new anti-scrapping law was supposed to make it harder for scrap metal thieves. But one Detroit lawmakers says “not so much."
- Historical societies are having a tough time. Michigan Radio's Kyle Norris has been looking into that.
* Listen to the full show above.