Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Politics & Culture
Thu December 12, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, December 12th, 2013
The state Legislature has been busy in its last week of session for the year - from increasing limits on campaign contributions, to issues regarding medical marijuana.
On today's show, we'll get an update from Lansing. Both the state House and Senate passed a voter-initiated law requiring consumers to buy separate policies for abortion coverage. What will this mean for you?
Later in the show, we’ll talk drones. Estimates show there could be some 175,000 unmanned aerial vehicles in U.S. airspace by 2025.
We'll speak to a Michigan entrepreneur who's trying to develop drones for commercial market, later in the hour.
But first, we check in with Detroit News Business Columnist Daniel Howes. On his mind this week is a "re-tooling" of Michigan's auto industry.