Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Politics & Culture
Thu December 19, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, December 19th, 2013
There are currently more than 45,000 people in prison in Michigan, but most of us will not experience what life is like behind bars. On today's show, we spoke with prisoners at the Michigan State Prison in Jackson to get their perspectives on life in our state.
And, then, later in the hour one of our favorite writers joined us. Keith Taylor gives us his picks for winter-time reads.
First up we talk with Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes. In less than two weeks, Detroit will have a new mayor. Mike Duggan's term begins January first. Outgoing Mayor Dave Bing has been making his "farewell tour" around Detroit. What is the Bing legacy? And what might we expect from his successor?