Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Culture
Thu December 19, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, December 19th, 2013
There are currently more than 45,000 people in prison in Michigan, but most of us will not experience what life is like behind bars. On today's show, we spoke with prisoners at the Michigan State Prison in Jackson to get their perspectives on life in our state.
And, then, later in the hour one of our favorite writers joined us. Keith Taylor gives us his picks for winter-time reads.
First up we talk with Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes. In less than two weeks, Detroit will have a new mayor. Mike Duggan's term begins January first. Outgoing Mayor Dave Bing has been making his "farewell tour" around Detroit. What is the Bing legacy? And what might we expect from his successor?