Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Public Insight Journalist
Essay/Analysis: Sports Commentator
Host, Stateside with Cynthia Canty
Mid Michigan Reporter/Producer
That's What They Say
Sarah Cwiek - Detroit Reporter/Producer
Assistant News Director
Essay/Analysis: Political Commentator
Weekend Edition host
MPRN Capitol Reporter
Host - Middays
Reporter / Producer - Michigan Public Radio Network
Host - Morning Edition
West Michigan Reporter/Producer
Arts, Culture & Education Reporter/Producer
Host - All Things Considered
Reporter/Producer - The Environment Report
Thu June 26, 2014
Stateside for Thursday, June 26, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- The United Nations has issued a statement calling Detroit’s mass water shutoff campaign a likely human rights violation. On today’s Stateside we talked with one of those groups appealing to the United Nations.
- Some folks in Northern Michigan are getting tired of all the tourists and festivals taking over their towns. They say they just want some peace and quiet. But others argue the economic boom to small communities is just too good to pass up.
- Producer and U of M student Arjun Singh talks about teaming up with local talent to make electronic pop with wide appeal on his new EP "The Drift."
- We continue our weeklong look at how Detroit is doing under bankruptcy and Mayor Duggan's first six months in office. Today we focused on the city's efforts to turn the streetlights back on.
- As Ford CEO Alan Mulally steps down, Detroit News columnist Daniel Howes joined us today to talk about what Mullaly has built and how he created big shoes for his successor to fill.
*Listen to full show above.