Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Politics & Culture
Thu March 28, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, March 28th, 2013
Michigan officially becomes a right-to-work state today. It's the 24th state in the nation to do so, and the 2nd in the Midwest.
On today's show, we'll find out just what Michiganders think of the new controversial law.
And we'll find out why a group of Republicans in Michigan are calling on Republican National Committeeman Dave Agema to resign.
We also talk about how budget cuts are affecting Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and we'll talk about the history of Belle Isle.
And we'll hear about "Nerd Night" in Ann Arbor.
But first, we talk with state budget director John Nixon about coming federal budget cuts and how he expects these cuts to affect Michigan's bottom line.