Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Politics & Culture
Thu March 28, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, March 28th, 2013
Michigan officially becomes a right-to-work state today. It's the 24th state in the nation to do so, and the 2nd in the Midwest.
On today's show, we'll find out just what Michiganders think of the new controversial law.
And we'll find out why a group of Republicans in Michigan are calling on Republican National Committeeman Dave Agema to resign.
We also talk about how budget cuts are affecting Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and we'll talk about the history of Belle Isle.
And we'll hear about "Nerd Night" in Ann Arbor.
But first, we talk with state budget director John Nixon about coming federal budget cuts and how he expects these cuts to affect Michigan's bottom line.