Stateside for Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Today on Stateside:
· Lawmakers in the state House will be back for a special summer session day tomorrow.
· Eleven counties failed to file an annual report required by law that spells out crimes committed by concealed weapon holders.
· Michigan apple growers are having a hearty year thanks to the cold winter.
· A recent survey found that 36% of Americans have nothing saved for retirement. Detroit News personal finance reporter Brian O’Connor tells us more.
· Michigan may accept 36 tons of radioactive waste after other states have refused to take it.
· A group of friends plan to trek across Lake Michigan on Stand-Up Paddleboards to raise money for the Alliance for the Great Lakes.
· Fur trapping in Michigan: then and now.
*Listen to the full show above.