Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Tue August 26, 2014
Stateside for Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Today on Stateside:
· Lawmakers in the state House will be back for a special summer session day tomorrow.
· Eleven counties failed to file an annual report required by law that spells out crimes committed by concealed weapon holders.
· Michigan apple growers are having a hearty year thanks to the cold winter.
· A recent survey found that 36% of Americans have nothing saved for retirement. Detroit News personal finance reporter Brian O’Connor tells us more.
· Michigan may accept 36 tons of radioactive waste after other states have refused to take it.
· A group of friends plan to trek across Lake Michigan on Stand-Up Paddleboards to raise money for the Alliance for the Great Lakes.
· Fur trapping in Michigan: then and now.
*Listen to the full show above.