Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Politics & Culture
Tue December 3, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
On this historic day, Detroit, Michigan's largest city, is found eligible for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection. Federal Judge Stephen Rhodes saying, "It is indeed a momentous day. We have here a judicial finding that this once proud and prosperous city is insolvent."
But, just what does all this mean for Detroit? For our state? What happens next?
This hour, we'll get answers to those questions as we're joined by Jack Lessneberry, Michigan Radio's Political Analyst, and Eric Scorsone joins us for a look at the economic consequences of the nation's largest Chapter 9 bankruptcy ever.