Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Politics & Culture
Tue December 3, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
On this historic day, Detroit, Michigan's largest city, is found eligible for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection. Federal Judge Stephen Rhodes saying, "It is indeed a momentous day. We have here a judicial finding that this once proud and prosperous city is insolvent."
But, just what does all this mean for Detroit? For our state? What happens next?
This hour, we'll get answers to those questions as we're joined by Jack Lessneberry, Michigan Radio's Political Analyst, and Eric Scorsone joins us for a look at the economic consequences of the nation's largest Chapter 9 bankruptcy ever.