Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Politics & Government
Tue December 4, 2012
Stateside for Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Michigan Radio Lansing Bureau Chief Rick Pluta provides us with continued coverage of the capitol's lame-duck session and the debate over "right-to-work."
Yesterday, we covered a proposed education reform bill that could drastically change the ways students attend school. Today, we spoke with Dr. Vickie Markavitch about Michigan’s education system and how she views the proposed reforms.
And what is the cause of this warm December weather?
We spoke with Dr. Jeff Masters of Weather Underground about global warming and its role in the state's shifting climate.
To further address the issue of eminent domain, we spoke with Avery Williams and Alan Ackerman. Williams provides land acquisition advice for Detroit, and Ackerman represents displaced persons and businesses in court.