Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Politics & Government
Tue December 4, 2012
Stateside for Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Michigan Radio Lansing Bureau Chief Rick Pluta provides us with continued coverage of the capitol's lame-duck session and the debate over "right-to-work."
Yesterday, we covered a proposed education reform bill that could drastically change the ways students attend school. Today, we spoke with Dr. Vickie Markavitch about Michigan’s education system and how she views the proposed reforms.
And what is the cause of this warm December weather?
We spoke with Dr. Jeff Masters of Weather Underground about global warming and its role in the state's shifting climate.
To further address the issue of eminent domain, we spoke with Avery Williams and Alan Ackerman. Williams provides land acquisition advice for Detroit, and Ackerman represents displaced persons and businesses in court.