Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Politics & Culture
Tue February 12, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, February 12, 2013
On today's show, Michigan Radio's Lester Graham fills in for Cyndy.
We talk with Lindsey Smith who filed an investigative report today for Michigan Radio. She found some teachers in one already troubled school district are not certified to teach in Michigan.
And speaking of teachers, two-thirds of people in Michigan believe we need to hold teachers more accountable. That's according to a new report from the Center for Michigan. We'll talk to education leaders about that report.
And supply, demand, and distribution of medical marijuana in Michigan. The courts, the legislature, and the patients who rely on the relief are all debating recent developments.