Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Culture
Tue February 12, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, February 12, 2013
On today's show, Michigan Radio's Lester Graham fills in for Cyndy.
We talk with Lindsey Smith who filed an investigative report today for Michigan Radio. She found some teachers in one already troubled school district are not certified to teach in Michigan.
And speaking of teachers, two-thirds of people in Michigan believe we need to hold teachers more accountable. That's according to a new report from the Center for Michigan. We'll talk to education leaders about that report.
And supply, demand, and distribution of medical marijuana in Michigan. The courts, the legislature, and the patients who rely on the relief are all debating recent developments.