Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Politics & Culture
Tue February 26, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, February 26th, 2012
On today's show, troubling headlines have been coming out of Grand Rapids in recent months a burst of violent crime. Today we take a look at what can be done to curb the violence.
And we turn an eye to medical care: just how can we fix inequality in access to health care in Michigan.
But to start things off... he has been an assistant Wayne County prosecutor, the deputy Wayne County executive under Edward McNamara. He was the CEO of the Detroit Medical Center.Today, Mike Duggan’s is making it official, he wants to be Detroit’s next mayor.
To take a closer look at the Duggan candidacy, we spoke with Rocelle Riley of the Detroit Free Press.