Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Politics & Culture
Tue February 26, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, February 26th, 2012
On today's show, troubling headlines have been coming out of Grand Rapids in recent months a burst of violent crime. Today we take a look at what can be done to curb the violence.
And we turn an eye to medical care: just how can we fix inequality in access to health care in Michigan.
But to start things off... he has been an assistant Wayne County prosecutor, the deputy Wayne County executive under Edward McNamara. He was the CEO of the Detroit Medical Center.Today, Mike Duggan’s is making it official, he wants to be Detroit’s next mayor.
To take a closer look at the Duggan candidacy, we spoke with Rocelle Riley of the Detroit Free Press.