Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Politics & Culture
Tue November 26, 2013
Stateside for Tuesday, November 26th, 2013
Some new data from the Census Bureau shows some intriguing migration patterns. Can you guess who's moving to Michigan, and where Michiganders are heading when they pack up and leave?
We’ll talk with demographer Kurt Metzger about what these trends mean for Michigan. Then, should we be mixing our private and professional lives? An intriguing study suggests you might want to think twice before putting up those cute family photos at work.
And, it’s official, Uncle Sam is pulling out of General Motors, and with the exit of the federal government by the end of the year, it's the end of “Government Motors.”
Detroit News Business Columnist Daniel Howes has plenty of thoughts about the pros and cons of the auto bailout, which stands as an unprecedented government intervention in a cornerstone industry.