Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Wed April 9, 2014
Stateside for Wednesday, April 9, 2014
A new $450-million hockey arena is on the way for the Red Wings in Detroit. Sixty percent of it is being paid for by taxpayers.
Will that investment from the city pay off? And what lessons can we learn from other similar deals around the nation?
And we talk about diversity on college campuses. Are mixed-race students counted?
Also, raising the federal minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $10.10 an hour, and closing the pay gap between men and women; those are key parts of the 2014 midterm election campaign for Democrats.