Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Politics & Culture
Wed August 7, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, August 7th, 2013
There are calls in Lansing to overhaul Michigan’s parole system. Advocates say the state keeps people in prison far longer than necessary.
And, we went back in time to explore how a Michigan company fed the nation's craze for sending postcards.
Also, we spoke with meteorologist Mark Torregrossa about improvements in weather forecasting technology.
First on the show, Detroit voters have spoken. Well, at least the 15% or so who voted in Tuesday's primary.
And, it will be Mike Duggan versus Benny Napoleon in the race for Mayor. We'll talk with our political commentator Jack Lessenberry to get his take on the primary results. But first, let's talk with the candidates.
We were joined today by the top vote-getter in yesterday's mayoral primary, a candidate whose name wasn't even on the ballot, Mike Duggan.