Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Politics & Culture
Wed August 7, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, August 7th, 2013
There are calls in Lansing to overhaul Michigan’s parole system. Advocates say the state keeps people in prison far longer than necessary.
And, we went back in time to explore how a Michigan company fed the nation's craze for sending postcards.
Also, we spoke with meteorologist Mark Torregrossa about improvements in weather forecasting technology.
First on the show, Detroit voters have spoken. Well, at least the 15% or so who voted in Tuesday's primary.
And, it will be Mike Duggan versus Benny Napoleon in the race for Mayor. We'll talk with our political commentator Jack Lessenberry to get his take on the primary results. But first, let's talk with the candidates.
We were joined today by the top vote-getter in yesterday's mayoral primary, a candidate whose name wasn't even on the ballot, Mike Duggan.