Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Politics & Culture
Wed August 7, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, August 7th, 2013
There are calls in Lansing to overhaul Michigan’s parole system. Advocates say the state keeps people in prison far longer than necessary.
And, we went back in time to explore how a Michigan company fed the nation's craze for sending postcards.
Also, we spoke with meteorologist Mark Torregrossa about improvements in weather forecasting technology.
First on the show, Detroit voters have spoken. Well, at least the 15% or so who voted in Tuesday's primary.
And, it will be Mike Duggan versus Benny Napoleon in the race for Mayor. We'll talk with our political commentator Jack Lessenberry to get his take on the primary results. But first, let's talk with the candidates.
We were joined today by the top vote-getter in yesterday's mayoral primary, a candidate whose name wasn't even on the ballot, Mike Duggan.