Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Politics & Culture
Wed February 13, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, February 13th, 2013
Today on Stateside, Lester Graham fills in for Cyndy. He talks the "State of the Union" and the "State of the City" of Detroit with Daniel Howes of the Detroit News, and Michigan Radio political analyst Jack Lessenberry.
Also, yesterday we talked to a policy expert, a teacher educator and a high school principal about how to hold teachers accountable and get them better prepared for the classroom. Today, we talk to a "Teacher of the Year" finalist about education in Michigan.
And, dog sledding in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Get ready for the UP 200!