Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Politics & Culture
Wed February 13, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, February 13th, 2013
Today on Stateside, Lester Graham fills in for Cyndy. He talks the "State of the Union" and the "State of the City" of Detroit with Daniel Howes of the Detroit News, and Michigan Radio political analyst Jack Lessenberry.
Also, yesterday we talked to a policy expert, a teacher educator and a high school principal about how to hold teachers accountable and get them better prepared for the classroom. Today, we talk to a "Teacher of the Year" finalist about education in Michigan.
And, dog sledding in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Get ready for the UP 200!