Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Politics & Government
Wed January 2, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Welcome back to Stateside!
Congress kicked off 2013 with a deal averting the dreaded "fiscal cliff."
On today's show, Cyndy speaks with Michigan State University economics professor Charley Ballard about what that means for the state.
Also, was 2012 the warmest year on record? And what kind of weather can we expect for 2013?
And finally, it's back-to-school day for students in Muskegon Heights. Michigan Radio's Lindsey Smith breaks down the bumpy progress of Michigan's very first, fully privatized school district.