Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Politics & Government
Wed January 2, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Welcome back to Stateside!
Congress kicked off 2013 with a deal averting the dreaded "fiscal cliff."
On today's show, Cyndy speaks with Michigan State University economics professor Charley Ballard about what that means for the state.
Also, was 2012 the warmest year on record? And what kind of weather can we expect for 2013?
And finally, it's back-to-school day for students in Muskegon Heights. Michigan Radio's Lindsey Smith breaks down the bumpy progress of Michigan's very first, fully privatized school district.