Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Politics & Government
Wed January 2, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Welcome back to Stateside!
Congress kicked off 2013 with a deal averting the dreaded "fiscal cliff."
On today's show, Cyndy speaks with Michigan State University economics professor Charley Ballard about what that means for the state.
Also, was 2012 the warmest year on record? And what kind of weather can we expect for 2013?
And finally, it's back-to-school day for students in Muskegon Heights. Michigan Radio's Lindsey Smith breaks down the bumpy progress of Michigan's very first, fully privatized school district.