Stateside for Wednesday, July 2, 2014
By Stateside Staff • Jul 2, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- Michigan receives more than $1 billion a year from the Federal Highway Trust Fund. But that money could dry up before the summer is over.
- Forget the Bahamas. Michigan is one of the best places to go SCUBA diving.
- It's been 30 years since AutoWorld opened its doors in Flint opened, but the attraction was shortlived. Why are auto museums so much more popular in Europe?
- With the 90th anniversary of a large KKK rally in Michigan approaching, we look at the history of the Ku Klux Klan in our state.
- A look at what it took to get the Civil Rights Act passed, what it has meant to Michigan's history, and where things stand 50 years later.
*Listen to the full show above.