Stateside for Wednesday, July 30, 2014
By Stateside Staff • Jul 30, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- Michigan's primary elections are on Tuesday, and one of the things you’ll be looking at is Proposal 1. We sorted out what Prop 1 is all about, before you hit the voting booth.
- New NPR president Jarl Mohn was here. We talked with him about what's next for the network.
- Next Monday marks the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Mackinac Island. We heard how Mackinac State Historic Parks are planning to bring the battle back to life.
- Today, business is booming for Michigan's auto industry. But what happens if there's another downturn? Are the automakers really better prepared to weather it? A new report offered some answers.
- Two of the biggest teams in professional soccer are going to be playing at the Big House at the University of Michigan. Manchester United and Real Madrid will be playing on Aug. 2 in Ann Arbor.
* Listen to the full show above.