Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Public Insight Journalist
Essay/Analysis: Sports Commentator
Host, Stateside with Cynthia Canty
Mid Michigan Reporter/Producer
That's What They Say
Sarah Cwiek - Detroit Reporter/Producer
Assistant News Director
Essay/Analysis: Political Commentator
Weekend Edition host
MPRN Capitol Reporter
Host - Middays
Reporter / Producer - Michigan Public Radio Network
Host - Morning Edition
West Michigan Reporter/Producer
Arts, Culture & Education Reporter/Producer
Host - All Things Considered
Reporter/Producer - The Environment Report
Wed June 25, 2014
Stateside for Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- We continue our week-long series looking at how Detroit is functioning under bankruptcy and the leadership of Mayor Duggan. Today's topic: transportation.
- Looking for love in the UP? A new dating site has you covered: YooperSingles.com
- A new film about Grace Lee Boggs will debut on the POV series on PBS. Its title: American Revolutionary: the Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs.
- In the never-ending quest to improve transportation in Michigan, here's a question worth asking: how do you get from Detroit to Grand Rapids, the two largest metropolitan areas in the state?
- And we ask: As we watch the Baby Boomers swell the ranks of America’s senior citizens, are cities and towns prepared for them?
*Listen to full show above.