Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Politics & Government
Wed November 28, 2012
Stateside for Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Today, Governor Rick Snyder delivered a speech in which he addressed the energy and environment concerns of our state. We spoke with Snyder about his future plans for Michigan.
We also continued our higher education conversation. Joining us was Brandy Johnson, the executive director of the Michigan College Access Network and Nathan Daun-Barnett of the University of Buffalo.
University of Michigan-Flint economics professor Adam Lutzker spoke to us about the debate surrounding "contested commodities" like human organs.
Kurt Metzger, director of Date Driven Detroit, spoke with Cyndy about the status of Michigan's housing market.