Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Politics & Culture
Wed November 6, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, November 6th, 2013
On today's show, we took a look at key election results from around the state, from marijuana to gay rights. How did you vote? And what's the take away from Election 2013?
Then, we spoke with Michigan singer-songwriter Stewart Franke as he takes us inside his battle with leukemia.
And, we talked Michigan beer. A new film looks at the craft beer scene in our state.
First on the show, it has been quite a journey for a candidate who got booted off the primary ballot, was going to fold his tent and walk away, then was urged to mount a write-in campaign, swept the primary and today, is the new Mayor-Elect of Detroit.
Mike Duggan has become Detroit's first white mayor in 40 years, beating Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon.
Michigan Radio's Sarah Cwiek has covered the Duggan campaign and was at the victory party last night. She joined us today.