Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Politics & Culture
Wed November 6, 2013
Stateside for Wednesday, November 6th, 2013
On today's show, we took a look at key election results from around the state, from marijuana to gay rights. How did you vote? And what's the take away from Election 2013?
Then, we spoke with Michigan singer-songwriter Stewart Franke as he takes us inside his battle with leukemia.
And, we talked Michigan beer. A new film looks at the craft beer scene in our state.
First on the show, it has been quite a journey for a candidate who got booted off the primary ballot, was going to fold his tent and walk away, then was urged to mount a write-in campaign, swept the primary and today, is the new Mayor-Elect of Detroit.
Mike Duggan has become Detroit's first white mayor in 40 years, beating Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon.
Michigan Radio's Sarah Cwiek has covered the Duggan campaign and was at the victory party last night. She joined us today.