Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Arts & Culture
Tue February 26, 2013
Stateside: Young People's Theatre makes its Michigan debut
A group from Washington DC is hoping to get elementary, middle and high school students excited about playwrighting.
The group is called The Young Playwright's Theatre and the leaders of this program are launching a four-city tour, starting in Detroit.
It's aim is to reach out to key education figures about spreading the Young Playwright's Theatre model to classrooms across the nation.
Executive director of the Young Playwright's Theatre Brigitte Pribnow Moore and artist director Nicole Jost joined us on Stateside to tell us more about their Michigan tour.
To listen to the full story click the audio link above.