Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Arts & Culture
Tue February 26, 2013
Stateside: Young People's Theatre makes its Michigan debut
A group from Washington DC is hoping to get elementary, middle and high school students excited about playwrighting.
The group is called The Young Playwright's Theatre and the leaders of this program are launching a four-city tour, starting in Detroit.
It's aim is to reach out to key education figures about spreading the Young Playwright's Theatre model to classrooms across the nation.
Executive director of the Young Playwright's Theatre Brigitte Pribnow Moore and artist director Nicole Jost joined us on Stateside to tell us more about their Michigan tour.
To listen to the full story click the audio link above.