Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Sun August 4, 2013
Step taken on possible Detroit airport-downtown shuttle
ROMULUS, Mich. (AP) - Operators of Detroit Metropolitan Airport have taken a small first step toward ending its status as one of the nation's worst major airports for passengers to reach or leave.
The Wayne County Airport Authority says it's issuing a request for information soon on possible providers of a shuttle service between the Romulus airfield and downtown Detroit.
There's no passenger rail service to the airport and no express bus to downtown Detroit, only an infrequent local bus taking more than an hour each way. The Detroit Free Press says the private Metro Car service charges an average of $56 each way between the airport and downtown.
The newspaper says airport officials have talked in recent weeks with the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Airport-downtown bus service: http://bit.ly/19GmSey