Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Tue August 31, 2010
Strike at EMU avoided
Rina Miller reports that "an agreement has been reached between Eastern Michigan University and its faculty just hours before a strike could have begun."
In Miller's report, Howard Bunsis, with the EMU Chapter of the American Association of University Professors, says:
We were not able to get raises that were any higher in these negotiations. We are able to secure enough of a raise so that no faculty took a pay cut, which was important to us, but it was not what other institutions comparable to us are getting.