Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue August 31, 2010
Strike at EMU avoided
Rina Miller reports that "an agreement has been reached between Eastern Michigan University and its faculty just hours before a strike could have begun."
In Miller's report, Howard Bunsis, with the EMU Chapter of the American Association of University Professors, says:
We were not able to get raises that were any higher in these negotiations. We are able to secure enough of a raise so that no faculty took a pay cut, which was important to us, but it was not what other institutions comparable to us are getting.