Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue August 31, 2010
Strike at EMU avoided
Rina Miller reports that "an agreement has been reached between Eastern Michigan University and its faculty just hours before a strike could have begun."
In Miller's report, Howard Bunsis, with the EMU Chapter of the American Association of University Professors, says:
We were not able to get raises that were any higher in these negotiations. We are able to secure enough of a raise so that no faculty took a pay cut, which was important to us, but it was not what other institutions comparable to us are getting.