Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue August 31, 2010
Strike at EMU avoided
Rina Miller reports that "an agreement has been reached between Eastern Michigan University and its faculty just hours before a strike could have begun."
In Miller's report, Howard Bunsis, with the EMU Chapter of the American Association of University Professors, says:
We were not able to get raises that were any higher in these negotiations. We are able to secure enough of a raise so that no faculty took a pay cut, which was important to us, but it was not what other institutions comparable to us are getting.