Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue November 2, 2010
Supporters nervous as first results trickle in
"And now the hand wringing begins" said a nervous supporter at the Mark Schauer victory party.
The incumbent Democratic congressman's party on the 16th floor of the McCamly Hotel is filling up. People here are glancing more and more frequently at the TV monitors and lap top screens. The race between Schauer and former congressman, turned challenger Republican Tim Walberg is expected to be close. Very Close.
Michigan's 7th district