Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Tue November 2, 2010
Supporters nervous as first results trickle in
"And now the hand wringing begins" said a nervous supporter at the Mark Schauer victory party.
The incumbent Democratic congressman's party on the 16th floor of the McCamly Hotel is filling up. People here are glancing more and more frequently at the TV monitors and lap top screens. The race between Schauer and former congressman, turned challenger Republican Tim Walberg is expected to be close. Very Close.
Michigan's 7th district