Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue November 2, 2010
Supporters nervous as first results trickle in
"And now the hand wringing begins" said a nervous supporter at the Mark Schauer victory party.
The incumbent Democratic congressman's party on the 16th floor of the McCamly Hotel is filling up. People here are glancing more and more frequently at the TV monitors and lap top screens. The race between Schauer and former congressman, turned challenger Republican Tim Walberg is expected to be close. Very Close.
Michigan's 7th district