Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue November 2, 2010
Supporters nervous as first results trickle in
"And now the hand wringing begins" said a nervous supporter at the Mark Schauer victory party.
The incumbent Democratic congressman's party on the 16th floor of the McCamly Hotel is filling up. People here are glancing more and more frequently at the TV monitors and lap top screens. The race between Schauer and former congressman, turned challenger Republican Tim Walberg is expected to be close. Very Close.
Michigan's 7th district