Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue November 2, 2010
Supreme Court goes to Republicans
The Detroit Free Press is reporting that Republican candidates for Michigan's Supreme Court "rode a Republican floodtide to victory today in a bitterly contested Michigan Supreme Court slugfest."
Justice Robert Young and Mary Beth Kelly won the two seats available.
It can be tough to beat an incumbent judge on the Michigan Supreme Court, but recently appointed Supreme Court Judge Alton Davis got no help being the incumbent.
The Republicans have regained control of the court with Davis' loss.