Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Tue November 2, 2010
Supreme Court goes to Republicans
The Detroit Free Press is reporting that Republican candidates for Michigan's Supreme Court "rode a Republican floodtide to victory today in a bitterly contested Michigan Supreme Court slugfest."
Justice Robert Young and Mary Beth Kelly won the two seats available.
It can be tough to beat an incumbent judge on the Michigan Supreme Court, but recently appointed Supreme Court Judge Alton Davis got no help being the incumbent.
The Republicans have regained control of the court with Davis' loss.