Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Fri December 10, 2010
Suspect in series of stabbings appears in court
Update 12/10/2010 6:28 a.m.:
A judge has ruled that there is enough evidence against Elias Abuelazam to send his cases to Genesee County Court. That means Abuelazam now faces one murder trial and five attempted murder trials in connection with a series of stabbings in and around Flint earlier this year. As the Associated Press reports the number of cases involving Abuelazam could grow:
Abuelazam will return to court Friday for a probable cause hearing in the stabbing death of Arnold Minor in August. Another murder case is scheduled for a similar hearing on Dec. 16.
Abuelazam also faces a charge of attempted murder in Ohio.
Update 12/9/2010 6:42 a.m.:
A man accused of a series of stabbings in Genesee County will appear in court today.
Elias Abuelazam will face four hearings, all involving charges of attempted murder in and around the Flint area earlier this year. A judge must determine whether there’s probable cause to send him to trial. Abuelazam has already been ordered to face one murder trial.
Two more probable-cause hearings are scheduled for tomorrow and next Thursday.