Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Sat August 27, 2011
Tea Party Express rolling back to Michigan
The Tea Party Express will roll back into Michigan next week. The conservative political activists hold rallies featuring fiery speeches and patriotic music. Previous visits have focused on health care reform and government spending. This time the focus will be on Democratic U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow.
Levi Russell is a Tea Party Express spokesman. He says the Tea Party group is hoping to rally local conservatives to work to defeat Stabenow’s re-election bid next year.
“The 2010 mid-term elections were so successful in large part due to a huge amount of citizen activity from the Tea Party on the ground… What we want to do is repeat that success and add to it.”
The Tea Party Express bus tour will stop in Hillsdale and suburban Detroit next Friday and Saturday.
Countdown to Election Day