Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Sat August 27, 2011
Tea Party Express rolling back to Michigan
The Tea Party Express will roll back into Michigan next week. The conservative political activists hold rallies featuring fiery speeches and patriotic music. Previous visits have focused on health care reform and government spending. This time the focus will be on Democratic U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow.
Levi Russell is a Tea Party Express spokesman. He says the Tea Party group is hoping to rally local conservatives to work to defeat Stabenow’s re-election bid next year.
“The 2010 mid-term elections were so successful in large part due to a huge amount of citizen activity from the Tea Party on the ground… What we want to do is repeat that success and add to it.”
The Tea Party Express bus tour will stop in Hillsdale and suburban Detroit next Friday and Saturday.
Countdown to Election Day