Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Sat August 27, 2011
Tea Party Express rolling back to Michigan
The Tea Party Express will roll back into Michigan next week. The conservative political activists hold rallies featuring fiery speeches and patriotic music. Previous visits have focused on health care reform and government spending. This time the focus will be on Democratic U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow.
Levi Russell is a Tea Party Express spokesman. He says the Tea Party group is hoping to rally local conservatives to work to defeat Stabenow’s re-election bid next year.
“The 2010 mid-term elections were so successful in large part due to a huge amount of citizen activity from the Tea Party on the ground… What we want to do is repeat that success and add to it.”
The Tea Party Express bus tour will stop in Hillsdale and suburban Detroit next Friday and Saturday.
Countdown to Election Day