Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Countdown to Election Day
Sun October 24, 2010
Tea Party Express rolling toward Michigan
The Tea Party Express is scheduled to roll into Michigan this week, just days before next month’s pivotal mid-term election.
The conservative voters group has been holding rallies across the United States for the past week.
The Tea Party Express has two stops planned in Michigan this Friday, one for a rally in Jackson and the second in Troy. Those rallies will both take place in the hearts of two heavily contested congressional races.
Michigan’s 7th and 9th congressional districts are represented by freshmen Democrats, whom the national Republican Party feels are vulnerable.
A strong Tea Party turnout in next month’s election could tip the balance.
Michigan's 7th district