Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Countdown to Election Day
Sun October 24, 2010
Tea Party Express rolling toward Michigan
The Tea Party Express is scheduled to roll into Michigan this week, just days before next month’s pivotal mid-term election.
The conservative voters group has been holding rallies across the United States for the past week.
The Tea Party Express has two stops planned in Michigan this Friday, one for a rally in Jackson and the second in Troy. Those rallies will both take place in the hearts of two heavily contested congressional races.
Michigan’s 7th and 9th congressional districts are represented by freshmen Democrats, whom the national Republican Party feels are vulnerable.
A strong Tea Party turnout in next month’s election could tip the balance.
Michigan's 7th district