Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Sun September 2, 2012
`Technonomy' to bring tech leaders to Wayne State
DETROIT (AP) - A media company that hosts conferences on the relationship between technology, economy and social progress is setting its sights on Detroit.
Technonomy Detroit plans to bring together local and national tech leaders September 12th at Wayne State University. The list includes Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey and Steve Case, chief executive of investment firm Revolution LLC and co-founder of America Online.
Topics for discussion include the future of manufacturing and its impact on jobs, and "Is Detroit the Next Berlin?"
Techonomy founder David Kirkpatrick also will interview Dorsey and Detroit businessman and investor Dan Gilbert. Kirkpatrick chronicled the Facebook's early history in "The Facebook Effect."