Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Sun September 2, 2012
`Technonomy' to bring tech leaders to Wayne State
DETROIT (AP) - A media company that hosts conferences on the relationship between technology, economy and social progress is setting its sights on Detroit.
Technonomy Detroit plans to bring together local and national tech leaders September 12th at Wayne State University. The list includes Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey and Steve Case, chief executive of investment firm Revolution LLC and co-founder of America Online.
Topics for discussion include the future of manufacturing and its impact on jobs, and "Is Detroit the Next Berlin?"
Techonomy founder David Kirkpatrick also will interview Dorsey and Detroit businessman and investor Dan Gilbert. Kirkpatrick chronicled the Facebook's early history in "The Facebook Effect."