Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue November 13, 2012
Tesla Model S named '2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year'
For the first time since 1949, Motor Trend Magazine has given its "Car of the Year" award to a car that DOES NOT have an internal combustion engine.
From Motor Trend:
The 2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year is one of the quickest American four-doors ever built. It drives like a sports car, eager and agile and instantly responsive. But it's also as smoothly effortless as a Rolls-Royce, can carry almost as much stuff as a Chevy Equinox, and is more efficient than a Toyota Prius. Oh, and it'll sashay up to the valet at a luxury hotel like a supermodel working a Paris catwalk. By any measure, the Tesla Model S is a truly remarkable automobile, perhaps the most accomplished all -new luxury car since the original Lexus LS 400. That's why it's our 2013 Car of the Year.
In this video, Motor Trend professes its love for the Tesla Model S:
"But it's not some eco-mobile, with tiny wheels, and dorky proportions. It's wide, long, low, and looks great - especially from the rear."