Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Wed September 11, 2013
There is a new news channel in Detroit, Al Jazeera America
There is a new "eye" on the news coming out of Detroit and southeast Michigan.
Al Jazeera America was launched August 20 on cable lineups in 48 million American homes. And it has opened 12 bureaus across the nation, including a Detroit bureau.
Bisi Onile-Ere, the correspondent for the new Detroit Bureau, joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.