Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Sat June 7, 2014
Is there room in downtown Battle Creek for food trucks?
A drive to allow food trucks in downtown Battle Creek is running into stiff opposition from downtown business owners.
The proposal calls for allowing up to seven food trucks into the downtown business district.
Supporters say food trucks would add vitality to downtown.
But business owners say there are already too many empty storefronts downtown.
“Just common sense tells me that our first priority should be to fill those store fronts,” says businesswoman Marianne Angelo.
The Battle Creek city commission will take up the food truck proposal later this month.