Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Sat June 7, 2014
Is there room in downtown Battle Creek for food trucks?
A drive to allow food trucks in downtown Battle Creek is running into stiff opposition from downtown business owners.
The proposal calls for allowing up to seven food trucks into the downtown business district.
Supporters say food trucks would add vitality to downtown.
But business owners say there are already too many empty storefronts downtown.
“Just common sense tells me that our first priority should be to fill those store fronts,” says businesswoman Marianne Angelo.
The Battle Creek city commission will take up the food truck proposal later this month.