Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Fri November 29, 2013
There's 1 month left to 2013, but its already been a good year for Detroit's Big 3
Auto companies report November's auto sales next week.
The news should be good, especially for Ford, Chrysler and Detroit.
Michelle Krebs is an analyst with Edmunds.com. She says the Detroit Three have had a great year so far, with car sales leading the way.
“But they also are the biggest seller of trucks,” says Krebs, “People are buying big trucks again like they haven't in a long time.
Krebs says GM's did better this year than she expected. She adds that’s especially true since Consumer Reports called the new Impala the "best sedan in the U.S."
Ford also had a banner year, although some of its cars have had quality problems.
Chrysler is the little engine that could. But the automaker has very few new models in the marketplace compared to its peers.