Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Thu June 14, 2012
Is third time the charm? Another Richardville recall petition approved
A recall petition against Michigan Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville (R-Monroe) got the stamp of approval from Monroe County election officials.
The Associated Press reports County Clerk Sharon Lemasters says the vote at the petition clarity hearing was 2-1.
Organizers first started their recall effort against Richardville last year. That petition language was approved, but the signature gathering effort stalled.
This past May, a second petition against Richardville was rejected for vague and unclear language.
Now, organizers hope the third time is the charm. They're targeting Richardville, in part for his support of a new Michigan-Ontario bridge, according to the AP.
Richardville spokesman Matt Marsden says the approved language is "remarkably similar to the last two rejected recalls" and that the senator will review it with his lawyer.