Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Thu June 14, 2012
Is third time the charm? Another Richardville recall petition approved
A recall petition against Michigan Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville (R-Monroe) got the stamp of approval from Monroe County election officials.
The Associated Press reports County Clerk Sharon Lemasters says the vote at the petition clarity hearing was 2-1.
Organizers first started their recall effort against Richardville last year. That petition language was approved, but the signature gathering effort stalled.
This past May, a second petition against Richardville was rejected for vague and unclear language.
Now, organizers hope the third time is the charm. They're targeting Richardville, in part for his support of a new Michigan-Ontario bridge, according to the AP.
Richardville spokesman Matt Marsden says the approved language is "remarkably similar to the last two rejected recalls" and that the senator will review it with his lawyer.