Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Fri April 5, 2013
Tigers' opening day affected by sequestration
If you're going to the Tigers' opening day, one thing you won't be seeing this year is the traditional flyover from Selfridge Air Force Base.
Tammy Stables Battaglia writes in the Detroit Free Press that it's a "result of 2013’s federal budget sequestration."
Selfridge Air National Guard Base Technical Sgt. Dan Heaton said the grounding of the 127th Wing’s 18 A-10 Thunderbolt II single-pilot fighter jets' goodwill flights is a result of 2013’s federal budget sequestration.
“The Air Force has decided flyovers have been cancelled as a result of budgetary considerations,” Heaton said. “So we’re not participating in any flyovers or participating in any air shows in fiscal year 2013.”