Less than 24 hours remain for President Obama and Congressional leaders to avert a government shutdown. A deal to fund the federal government through September must be reached by midnight tonight to keep the government fully operating. President Obama and legislative leaders met again last night to narrow their differences over how much to cut the federal budget but no agreement was made.
- NPR: GOP, Democrats Shift Blame As Shutdown Looms
- The New York Times: No Accord in Budget Talks as Policy Fights Hamper Deal
- The Washington Post: Budget Deal Continues to Elude Congress
- Wall Street Journal: Dickering on Budget Goes Down to the Wire
- Politico: White House Meeting Narrows Differences, But Still No Budget Deal
- TheHill.com: Obama Cites Progress But 'No Wild Optimism' Ahead of Deadline