Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Thu December 26, 2013
'Tis the time for the 'selfish shopper'
Now that Christmas is over, Michigan retailers may be hoping that shoppers show more of their selfish side.
The holiday season is a season of giving. But one analyst says now that the presents have all been opened it's time for the "selfish shopper" to take over.
Trae Bodge is a senior editor for RetailMeNot.com. Bodge says being a "selfish shopper" is not necessarily a bad thing.
“Post-Christmas is really about selfish shopping. This is about shopping for things that you may not have received that you had on your list. Or utilizing those gift cards that you received for your holiday gift,” says Bodge.
Michigan retailers could probably use a healthy dose of "selfish shopping."
The Michigan Retailers Association says the big ice storm the weekend before Christmas may have hurt sales on what should have been one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year.