Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Wed October 3, 2012
Today is 'Count Day' at Michigan's public schools
It's count day at public school districts across Michigan.
This is the first year that "Fall Count Day" determines 90 percent of per-student funding for the 2012-2013 academic year (in prior years it was 75 percent).
A winter count day in February makes up the remaining 10 percent.
Many schools hold special events to make sure students come to class.
The Michigan Department of Education requires that students receive instruction in all classes on count day.
See more about the requirements here.