Today's State of Opportunity call-in show tackles standardized testing
Update: If you missed the program, you can catch the audio on this post.
Today, State of Opportunity returns with a new call-in show that seeks answers to these questions and more.
Join State of Opportunity reporter Dustin Dwyer, as well as these well-informed guests for the discussion:
- Brian Jacob, professor of public policy at the University of Michigan's Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy and national expert on testing;
- Dan Varner, CEO at Excellent Schools Detroit and member of the Michigan State Board of Education;
- Valerie Purdie-Vaughns, professor of psychology and the founding director of the Intergroup Relations and Diversity Laboratory at Columbia University;
- Diane Ravitch, research professor of education at New York University and author of Reign of Error: the Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America's Public Schools. She was an assistant secretary of education under President George H.W. Bush and was appointed by President Bill Clinton to the National Assessment Governing Board;
- Amber Arellano, executive director of The Education Trust-Midwest; and
- Julie Zuckerman, principal of the Castle Bridge School in New York.
Call in today at 3 p.m. (866-255-2762). We'll also be live-tweeting from @StateofOpp.