Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Mon September 12, 2011
Top 10 categories for time spent online
My colleague Michigan Radio reporter Steve Carmody passed along this study from the Nielsen Company:
So how are we spending our time online? (hint: you "like" it). From the report:
Americans spend more time on Facebook than they do any other U.S. website.
Here's the top ten:
- 22.5 percent of our online time is spent on social networks and blogs
- 9.8 percent online games
- 7.6 percent e-mail
- 4.5 percent "portals"
- 4.4 percent videos/movies
- 4.0 percent search
- 3.3 percent instant messaging
- 3.2 percent software manufacturing
- 2.9 percent classifieds/auctions
- 2.6 percent on current events and global news
Nielsen reports that Tumblr is an emerging social network nearly tripling its unique U.S. audience over the last year.
Does the Tumblr design look somewhat familiar to you?