Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- New polls suggest we may have the closest governor’s race in 30 years
Thu December 22, 2011
Toyota aims for 8.48 million vehicle sales in 2012
TOKYO (AP) - Toyota says it aims to sell 8.48 million vehicles next year as it attempts a comeback from a year battered by the March disaster in Japan and the flooding in Thailand.
Toyota said in a release Thursday that its target for calendar 2012, which does not include group companies, would represent 20 percent growth from its global sales this year.
The manufacturer behind the Prius hybrid and Lexus luxury models said it plans to sell 8.95 million vehicles around the world in 2013.