Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon June 11, 2012
Troy mayoral recall organizers say they have enough signatures to put issue on ballot
Organizers of an effort to recall Troy's mayor say they expect to turn in more than enough petition signatures to get the measure onto the November ballot.
John Kulesz is one of the recall campaign's organizers. He says Mayor Janice Daniels has thumbed her nose at the city charter, and is hostile to her co-workers at city hall.
"I think if you total up her actions, they've harmed the city's reputation, she's ignoring the business community, and this is not good for a city as big and as diverse as Troy," said Kulesz.
Mayor Daniels gained notoriety over a gay slur she made on Facebook. She later angered many people when she voted to turn down federal money for a transit center.
In a response to the recall effort on her website, Daniels says she was elected to address fiscal transparency and integrity in budgeting.
The petition signatures need to be submitted to the Oakland County clerk by Friday.