Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Tue December 24, 2013
Two men from Kalamazoo write and perform 'The Michigan Poem'
(Editor's note: This interview was first broadcast on October 28th, 2013)
Take poetry and the spoken word.
Mix in two stories of redemption.
Stir in a meeting at a Poetry Slam.
And top it with a poem about Michigan.
Do all of that, and you have Kinetic Affect. They are a spoken-word performing duo from Kalamazoo. And maybe you've seen their performance of "The Michigan Poem" making its way around the web: their straight from the heart poem about what it means to be from Michigan.
The Kinetic Affect duo Kirk Latimer and Gabriel Giron joined us today from Kalamazoo.
Listen to the full interview above.