Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue December 24, 2013
Two men from Kalamazoo write and perform 'The Michigan Poem'
(Editor's note: This interview was first broadcast on October 28th, 2013)
Take poetry and the spoken word.
Mix in two stories of redemption.
Stir in a meeting at a Poetry Slam.
And top it with a poem about Michigan.
Do all of that, and you have Kinetic Affect. They are a spoken-word performing duo from Kalamazoo. And maybe you've seen their performance of "The Michigan Poem" making its way around the web: their straight from the heart poem about what it means to be from Michigan.
The Kinetic Affect duo Kirk Latimer and Gabriel Giron joined us today from Kalamazoo.
Listen to the full interview above.