Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Tue December 24, 2013
Two men from Kalamazoo write and perform 'The Michigan Poem'
(Editor's note: This interview was first broadcast on October 28th, 2013)
Take poetry and the spoken word.
Mix in two stories of redemption.
Stir in a meeting at a Poetry Slam.
And top it with a poem about Michigan.
Do all of that, and you have Kinetic Affect. They are a spoken-word performing duo from Kalamazoo. And maybe you've seen their performance of "The Michigan Poem" making its way around the web: their straight from the heart poem about what it means to be from Michigan.
The Kinetic Affect duo Kirk Latimer and Gabriel Giron joined us today from Kalamazoo.
Listen to the full interview above.