Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
- Securing this Enbridge pipeline is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world
Tue December 24, 2013
Two men from Kalamazoo write and perform 'The Michigan Poem'
(Editor's note: This interview was first broadcast on October 28th, 2013)
Take poetry and the spoken word.
Mix in two stories of redemption.
Stir in a meeting at a Poetry Slam.
And top it with a poem about Michigan.
Do all of that, and you have Kinetic Affect. They are a spoken-word performing duo from Kalamazoo. And maybe you've seen their performance of "The Michigan Poem" making its way around the web: their straight from the heart poem about what it means to be from Michigan.
The Kinetic Affect duo Kirk Latimer and Gabriel Giron joined us today from Kalamazoo.
Listen to the full interview above.