Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon July 18, 2011
Two sailors dead after boat capsizes in Lake Michigan
Linda Stephan, from Interlochen Public Radio sent this update on the missing sailors:
The Chicago Yacht Club, which runs the annual Race to Mackinac has named the two sailors who died after their boat capsized last night in Lake Michigan near Charlevoix. The two lost sailors were "WingNuts" skipper Mark Morley, 51, and Suzanne Bickel, 41, both from Saginaw, MI. The yacht club says Morley had 44 years of sailing experience, including six Chicago-Mackinacs and 85 qualifying races. Suzanne Bickel had sailed in two previous Chicago-Mackinac Races, with 16 qualifying races.