Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Mon July 18, 2011
Two sailors dead after boat capsizes in Lake Michigan
Linda Stephan, from Interlochen Public Radio sent this update on the missing sailors:
The Chicago Yacht Club, which runs the annual Race to Mackinac has named the two sailors who died after their boat capsized last night in Lake Michigan near Charlevoix. The two lost sailors were "WingNuts" skipper Mark Morley, 51, and Suzanne Bickel, 41, both from Saginaw, MI. The yacht club says Morley had 44 years of sailing experience, including six Chicago-Mackinacs and 85 qualifying races. Suzanne Bickel had sailed in two previous Chicago-Mackinac Races, with 16 qualifying races.