Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Mon July 18, 2011
Two sailors dead after boat capsizes in Lake Michigan
Linda Stephan, from Interlochen Public Radio sent this update on the missing sailors:
The Chicago Yacht Club, which runs the annual Race to Mackinac has named the two sailors who died after their boat capsized last night in Lake Michigan near Charlevoix. The two lost sailors were "WingNuts" skipper Mark Morley, 51, and Suzanne Bickel, 41, both from Saginaw, MI. The yacht club says Morley had 44 years of sailing experience, including six Chicago-Mackinacs and 85 qualifying races. Suzanne Bickel had sailed in two previous Chicago-Mackinac Races, with 16 qualifying races.