Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue May 3, 2011
U of M conference shines spotlight on the "creative process"
Theresa Reid heads up ArtsEngine at the University of Michigan, and she believes “art making” should have a higher profile at research universities:
"Some 1500 CEOs identified by IBM listed creativity as the #1 trait needed among its business leaders, so we’re looking to help enhance creativity among the undergraduates that attend U of M and across the country."
To that end, Reid says the conference will focus on how and why research universities should integrate arts making. Panels will run the gamut from funding to scientific research of the creative process on the human brain.
"The Role of Art-Making and the Arts in a Research University" will be held May 4 - 6 on U of M's main campus.