Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Tue May 3, 2011
U of M conference shines spotlight on the "creative process"
Theresa Reid heads up ArtsEngine at the University of Michigan, and she believes “art making” should have a higher profile at research universities:
"Some 1500 CEOs identified by IBM listed creativity as the #1 trait needed among its business leaders, so we’re looking to help enhance creativity among the undergraduates that attend U of M and across the country."
To that end, Reid says the conference will focus on how and why research universities should integrate arts making. Panels will run the gamut from funding to scientific research of the creative process on the human brain.
"The Role of Art-Making and the Arts in a Research University" will be held May 4 - 6 on U of M's main campus.