Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Tue May 3, 2011
U of M conference shines spotlight on the "creative process"
Theresa Reid heads up ArtsEngine at the University of Michigan, and she believes “art making” should have a higher profile at research universities:
"Some 1500 CEOs identified by IBM listed creativity as the #1 trait needed among its business leaders, so we’re looking to help enhance creativity among the undergraduates that attend U of M and across the country."
To that end, Reid says the conference will focus on how and why research universities should integrate arts making. Panels will run the gamut from funding to scientific research of the creative process on the human brain.
"The Role of Art-Making and the Arts in a Research University" will be held May 4 - 6 on U of M's main campus.