Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Tue May 3, 2011
U of M conference shines spotlight on the "creative process"
Theresa Reid heads up ArtsEngine at the University of Michigan, and she believes “art making” should have a higher profile at research universities:
"Some 1500 CEOs identified by IBM listed creativity as the #1 trait needed among its business leaders, so we’re looking to help enhance creativity among the undergraduates that attend U of M and across the country."
To that end, Reid says the conference will focus on how and why research universities should integrate arts making. Panels will run the gamut from funding to scientific research of the creative process on the human brain.
"The Role of Art-Making and the Arts in a Research University" will be held May 4 - 6 on U of M's main campus.