Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue December 27, 2011
UAW, Big Three, back to sponsoring bowl game in Detroit
After a four-year absence, the United Auto Workers and Detroit automakers Chrysler, Ford and General Motors will be one of the sponsors for the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
This year's college football bowl game features Western Michigan University against Purdue.
The return to sponsorship of the nationally televised game is another sign of the domestic auto industry’s return to normal.
And, says UAW President Bob King, it’s a chance to remind Americans of the union’s success in reaching new contracts with Ford, GM and Chrysler that are expected to create 20,000 new jobs.
"I think people really see that the UAW is committed to building jobs in America, to being globally competitive with whoever the employer is we’re working with," says King.
The UAW will also show a thirty second commercial during the game.
ESPN will televise the game which starts at 4:30 on Tuesday.