Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue December 27, 2011
UAW, Big Three, back to sponsoring bowl game in Detroit
After a four-year absence, the United Auto Workers and Detroit automakers Chrysler, Ford and General Motors will be one of the sponsors for the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
This year's college football bowl game features Western Michigan University against Purdue.
The return to sponsorship of the nationally televised game is another sign of the domestic auto industry’s return to normal.
And, says UAW President Bob King, it’s a chance to remind Americans of the union’s success in reaching new contracts with Ford, GM and Chrysler that are expected to create 20,000 new jobs.
"I think people really see that the UAW is committed to building jobs in America, to being globally competitive with whoever the employer is we’re working with," says King.
The UAW will also show a thirty second commercial during the game.
ESPN will televise the game which starts at 4:30 on Tuesday.