Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
GM invests more for Chevy Volt
Wed November 24, 2010
UAW celebrates new GM investment in Flint and Bay City
General Motors formally announced today that it is investing more than 160 million dollars in plants in Flint, Bay City and in Defiance, Ohio.
The three plants produce components for the Chevy Volt, Cruze and a third unnamed Chevrolet small car.
Bill Jordan says GM’s announcement is an early "Christmas present.” Jordan is the president of United Auto Workers local 599. He says GM’s investment shows workers are doing the job right.
"And they have proved to the corporation...that the investment here is good," says Jordan, "The cooperation between the management team and the hourly workforce is what has made it possible to get this additional investment. We’re going to continue to do what we do.’"
GM officials expect to expand production of powertrains for Chevy Volts and Chevy Cruzes in Flint early next year.
Volt's Shocking Media Release