Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Fri December 9, 2011
UAW local authorizes strike at Delta Twp. plant
UAW members in Lansing voted this week to authorize a strike at a General Motors plant.
Local 602 reported tonight that 86 percent of its members voted to authorize a strike at GM'S Lansing Delta Township plant.
Union leaders say they hope the vote will encourage both sides back to the bargaining table.
The union and GM have been unable to reach an agreement on several workplace issues.
The plant produces the Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave.