Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri December 9, 2011
UAW local authorizes strike at Delta Twp. plant
UAW members in Lansing voted this week to authorize a strike at a General Motors plant.
Local 602 reported tonight that 86 percent of its members voted to authorize a strike at GM'S Lansing Delta Township plant.
Union leaders say they hope the vote will encourage both sides back to the bargaining table.
The union and GM have been unable to reach an agreement on several workplace issues.
The plant produces the Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave.