Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Fri December 9, 2011
UAW local authorizes strike at Delta Twp. plant
UAW members in Lansing voted this week to authorize a strike at a General Motors plant.
Local 602 reported tonight that 86 percent of its members voted to authorize a strike at GM'S Lansing Delta Township plant.
Union leaders say they hope the vote will encourage both sides back to the bargaining table.
The union and GM have been unable to reach an agreement on several workplace issues.
The plant produces the Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave.