Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Fri December 9, 2011
UAW local authorizes strike at Delta Twp. plant
UAW members in Lansing voted this week to authorize a strike at a General Motors plant.
Local 602 reported tonight that 86 percent of its members voted to authorize a strike at GM'S Lansing Delta Township plant.
Union leaders say they hope the vote will encourage both sides back to the bargaining table.
The union and GM have been unable to reach an agreement on several workplace issues.
The plant produces the Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave.