Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Thu March 17, 2011
Union workers boo governor at Ford event
Workers at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant wore red T-shirts to show their solidarity with union workers whose collective bargaining rights are threatened.
Snyder says he wasn’t rattled by the reception.
"I respect people for having differing opinions, particularly when you’re talking about fundamental change."
Snyder appeared at the Ford event a day after signing legislation that would allow emergency financial managers to set aside union contracts in cash-strapped cities and school districts.
He told the workers Ford is a model for how the state should turn itself around.