Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu March 17, 2011
Union workers boo governor at Ford event
Workers at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant wore red T-shirts to show their solidarity with union workers whose collective bargaining rights are threatened.
Snyder says he wasn’t rattled by the reception.
"I respect people for having differing opinions, particularly when you’re talking about fundamental change."
Snyder appeared at the Ford event a day after signing legislation that would allow emergency financial managers to set aside union contracts in cash-strapped cities and school districts.
He told the workers Ford is a model for how the state should turn itself around.