Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Thu March 17, 2011
Union workers boo governor at Ford event
Workers at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant wore red T-shirts to show their solidarity with union workers whose collective bargaining rights are threatened.
Snyder says he wasn’t rattled by the reception.
"I respect people for having differing opinions, particularly when you’re talking about fundamental change."
Snyder appeared at the Ford event a day after signing legislation that would allow emergency financial managers to set aside union contracts in cash-strapped cities and school districts.
He told the workers Ford is a model for how the state should turn itself around.